With low temperature applications – low as -260°C – FOAMGLAS® remains dry on the surface because the material is completely impervious to water vapour.
There is neither condensation nor ice forming: a primary condition to avoid risks of damage from corrosion under insulation.
With high temperature applications – up to +430°C – the non-combustibility is a major FOAMGLAS® advantage. It will not absorb flamable gases or media and therefore does not contribute to the development and the propagation of fires.
With cyclical temperatures the principal benefits are the low thermal inertia and the imperviousness to water vapour. FOAMGLAS® minimizes water intrusion and retention and the thermal conductivity will not increase.
The combination of high thermal performance and compressive strength makes FOAMGLAS® the ideal solution for the insulation of storage tank bases and vessels.
For the most arduous conditions in
industrial applications proven system solutions are available.
Our sales engineers will provide expertise:
– in thermal calculations for services, equipment and details
– with calculation method examples
– by specification guides, worksheets and technical drawings for all FOAMGLAS® applications
– with site instruction to assist the
– by references, test certificates, expert reports, databases of suppliers and insulation contractors.